Of the 7 billion people in the world today, only 1 billion are Christian (according to the most generous estimates). That means that 6 billion people who inhabit our planet are lost in darkness and sin. Of these 6 billion who are lost, over 3.5 billion have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. There are 16,699 people groups in the world, and 6,900 of them are considered unreached. We believe that Jesus deserves to receive worship from every one of these people from every tribe, tongue, and nation, and we believe that this will be accomplished as our church fulfills the Great Commission of making disciples of all nations (see Matthew 28:18-20).
Scriptural Call to Global Mission
1 Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Area of Focus for Global Mission: India & Dominican Republic
- Population (2010): 1,214,464,312 (almost 4 times the population of the U.S.A, which is 308,745,538)
- 45 cities with over 1 million people
- 2 Largest Cities are Delhi (22,156,810) and Mumbai (20,040,868) (2 Largest cities in the U.S.A. are New York [8,175,133] and Los Angeles [3,792,621])
- In India, 900,000 people per year die as a result of drinking unclean water or breathing polluted air.
- Approximately 1 out of every 10 children in India are orphans.
- Of India’s 2,549 people groups, 2,237 are unreached.
- India contains the world’s highest number of poor and unevangelized people.
- Population: 10.22 million
- Second largest Caribbean nation after Cuba.
- More than a third of the Dominican Republic lives on less than $1.25 a day.
- It is estimated that as many as 1 million Haitian immigrants live in the Dominican Republic. Haitians have been reported to work in slavery-like conditions and are severely exploited.
- 40% of children are uneducated. Many families encourage their children to drop out of school and work full time to increase household finances.
- Major Religion: Roman Catholicism
You must be logged in to post a comment.