The mission of Calvary Baptist Church is to fulfill the Great Commission by Telling the World & Teaching the Word.
Our Ministry Internship program is an extension of that mission!
We believe that it is the local church’s responsibility to train and equip others to serve, lead, and plant local churches with the Gospel mission in mind. It is our desire that those we train will become mature leaders that are characterized by spiritual boldness, passion, courage, humility, and love.
Our Ministry Internship does just that, as we seek to foster and grow your love for the Lord in:
- Heart | Personal love for the Lord
- Head | Deeper theological understanding
- Hands | Practical ministry opportunities
Each intern will be expected to commit themselves to the following:
- Have a willing, teachable, and servant-minded attitude, ready to learn and ready to serve
- Attend our weekly Ministry Internship Meeting
- Work alongside our Pastors/Staff for the work of ministry within Calvary
- Complete all reading, practical ministry projects, and other assigned work
- Example: See attached for a Sample Ministry Internship Covenant
Some example of ministry areas that you can learn and serve in, as approved by the Pastors, are the following:
- Discipleship/Counseling/Sunday School
- Evangelism/Neighborhood Outreach/Missions
- Music Ministry
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- College Ministry
- Adult Ministry (Mens/Womens/Senior Adults)
Generally, the Ministry Internship is from Mid-August to Mid-May, though we are open to other dates as see fit. The application process each year includes an application, which is below, and an interview. The Application deadline is Friday, May 7th.
Feel free to contact Ryan at email@example.com if you have any questions!