A sermon in a series entitled Advent: A Christmas Series. Preached on 12.11.11. Main point: The virgin conception was a supernatural event that identified Jesus as the unique, divine Savior of the world. Download mp3
This series explores characteristics of the early church in the book of Acts that made them effective in the advancement of the gospel. Our hope is that these characteristics would be true of us as well, so that we might see the gospel advance powerfully in our generation.
- “Spirit-Empowerment,” Acts 1-2 (7.31.11) Download mp3
- “Biblical Community,” Acts 2:42-47 (8.7.11) Download mp3
- “Bold Proclamation,” Acts 4:1-22 (8.14.11) Download mp3
- “Passionate Prayer,” Acts 4:23-31 (8.21.11) Download mp3
- “Biblical Leadership,” Acts 6:1-7 (8.28.11) Download mp3
- “Sending Out,” Acts 13:1-3 (9.4.11) Download mp3
- “Spiritual Warfare,” Acts 19:11-20 (9.11.11) Download mp3
- “Faithful to the End,” Acts 28:23-31; 2 Timothy 4:6-8 (9.18.11) Download mp3
A sermon in a series entitled To Live Is Christ: Verse by Verse through the Book of Philippians. Main point: To live for Christ we must learn the secret of contentment. Preached on 11.6.11. Download mp3
Sunday morning, November 20, will be Compassion Sunday at Calvary. The purpose of this day is to call attention the threat of child poverty and to call upon our congregation to help alleviate this problem by sponsoring a child through the ministry of Compassion International. You will have an opportunity before you leave the church building to sign up to sponsor a child. Involvement with Compassion International is part of our church’s global mission strategy. In keeping with our desire to focus our global mission efforts on the nation of India, the child sponsorship packets that we will have available include children from the regions of India in which we will be working in the coming months. Please prayerfully consider whether the Lord would have you or your Sunday school class sponsor a child. It only costs about $38 a month, but makes a huge impact on the children who are sponsored.