Of the 7 billion people in the world today, only 1 billion are Christian (according to the most generous estimates). That means that 6 billion people who inhabit our planet are lost in darkness and sin. Of these 6 billion who are lost, over 3.5 billion have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. There are 16,699 people groups in the world, and 6,900 of them are considered unreached. We believe that Jesus deserves to receive worship from every one of these people from every tribe, tongue, and nation, and we believe that this will be accomplished as our church fulfills the Great Commission of making disciples of all nations (see Matthew 28:18-20).
First Short-term Trip to India Was May 20-30, 2013
Grant Gaines and Brad Ferrell spent ten days in India training new house church pastors on how to study the Bible and teach it to their new congregations. If you’re interested in going on a trip like this, please contact the church office.
Here are some basic components of Calvary’s global mission strategy:
1. Scriptural Call to Global Mission
2. Area of Focus for Global Mission: India
- Population (2010): 1,214,464,312 (almost 4 times the population of the U.S.A, which is 308,745,538)
- 45 cities with over 1 million people
- 2 Largest Cities are Delhi (22,156,810) and Mumbai (20,040,868) (2 Largest cities in the U.S.A. are New York [8,175,133] and Los Angeles [3,792,621])
- In India, 900,000 people per year die as a result of drinking unclean water or breathing polluted air.
- Approximately 1 out of every 10 children in India are orphans.
- Of India’s 2,549 people groups, 2,237 are unreached.
- India contains the world’s highest number of poor and unevangelized people.
3. Strategy for Reaching India
- 2 good organizations to work with:
1. International Mission Board (IMB) of the Southern Baptist Convention
2. Compassion International
- Global Mission Trips
1. For training Indian national church planters
2. For reaching unreached, unengaged people groups
For information on how to get involved in Calvary’s global mission work call the church at 668-8619 or email our church secretary at email@example.com.